If you’d like to make it faster and easier to navigate between different document sections in Google Docs, here’s how to insert anchors (known as ‘bookmarks’):
– In Google Docs, type the name of the document in the Title column and open your chosen document.
– Put the cursor at the beginning of where you want to put the bookmark.
– From the document navigation bar select “Insert” > “Bookmark”.
– Go to the section of the document where the link to the Bookmark should come from and click “Insert” > “Link”.
– Type your link text In the Edit Link dialog box.
– Click on “Bookmark” in the “Link To” section to open the Bookmarks list, select your bookmark, and click on the “OK” button to complete the link.